Conference Title: "Water and Rivers for Life and Living: The Role of Youth
Event Timing: 23-25 January 2023
Event Venue: Sylhet, Bangladesh and Hybrid
ActionAid Bangladesh is organising the 8th International Water Conference 2023 on "Water and Rivers for Life and Living: The Role of Youth". As part of ActionAid Bangladesh's advocacy for pro-people water justice and indigenous rights to rivers, and to build on the momentum of the 7th International Water Conference 2022, the discourse this time focuses on the difficulties faced by youths, communities along river ecosystems, and water solutions.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to lead this conversation by providing a platform for youth, water practitioners, and river experts to use the International Water Conference to recognise and spread breakthrough ideas critical to addressing water-related concerns.
Themes of the Conference
- Watershed History, Morphology, and Changes
- Rivers as a Living Entity
- Youth Engagement in Water Governance
- Engendering Water, Rivers and Youth
- Anthropogenic Interventions and Their Impact on Water and Rivers
- River, Ecosystem and Food Security
- Life and Living of Transboundary Rivers with a Focus on Teesta & Kushiyara
- Innovation: Water, Rivers and Sustainable Livelihoods
Deadline to Submit Abstract/Innovative Idea:
21 December 2022 (Wednesday)
- It should be on any research you have conducted that is relevant to any of the above themes.
- The file should not be more than 350 Words(max)
- Mention the Authors name and affiliation during the submission
- If you have an innovative idea related to water, rivers and the rights of youth send the concept in
- The idea can be a rough drawing, photo story, mind map, model, poster or anything that represents you and your creativity.
- For any illustrations, you submit please make sure there is a 100-200 word brief on the idea that you are submitting.
To Submit the Idea/Abstract